First Aid Training Course
FIRST AID & CPR TRAINING/REFRESHER TRAINING IN THE ADELAIDE CBD
- First Aid Training / Refresher Course
- 1 Day First Aid Course with Online Workbook HLTAID011
First Aid Training/Refresher Training
Public, workplace or group training can be arranged for courses by contacting 0438 818 853.
1 Day First Aid Course with Online Workbook HLTAID011
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills in providing first aid and basic life support until arrival of medical assistance. The HLTAID011 certificate, previously known as the Senior First Aid Certificate, is a course that includes calling for help, the ability to respond to first aid situations, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support functions including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). This course covers adult and child conditions.
WORKPLACE OR GROUP FIRST AID TRAINING CAN BE ARRANGED FOR:
- Defibrillator (AED) Training 2-hour course in Automatic External Defibrillation.
- Anaphylaxis (Epi pen) Training 2-hour course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis.
- Asthma Training Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited course. First Aid certificates are emailed following each course. An additional wallet-sized plastic card will be issued to help keep certification details handy.
As per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, First Aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills and confirm their competence to provide first aid. The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) www.resus.org.au recommends the CPR competency be recertified annually.
HLTAID012 PROVIDE FIRST AID IN AN EDUCATION CARE SETTING
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. The course is designed for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
- Roles and responsibilities of the First Aider
- Management of unconscious, breathing and non-breathing casualties using the DRSABCD Action Plan (including CPR and AED skills)
- Management of a choking casualty
- Recognition and treatment of casualties experiencing shock
- Recognition and management of various injuries including: burns, wounds, musculoskeletal, facial, head and spinal injuries
- Treatment of bites and stings, including the use of the “Pressure bandage with immobilisation” technique
- Recognition and management of medical conditions including chest pain, anaphylaxis, asthma, seizures and stroke
- Risk management process for working with children with anaphylaxis and asthma